Open court play is Monday, Wednesday, Friday 5:00 am- 7:30 am and Saturday 6:00 am- 6:00 pm in the Multi-Purpose gym. Six courts available; we also have paddles and balls for those who need them.
Pickleball Classes and Lessons
Registration: Open Enrollment
Rise & Shine Morning Classes: $40 per month
Private Lessons: $45 per hour
Semi-Private Lessons: $25 per player per hour
Group Lessons (4 players): $15 per player per hour
Group Lessons (8+ players): $10 per player per hour
Rise & Shine Morning Classes
Days: Mondays and/or Wednesdays
Time: 6:00 am- 7:30 am
- Classes include 30-45 min. of instruction followed by 45-60 min. of coached practice play.
- Paddles and balls available for those who don’t have their own.
- Semi-Private lessons are for teams of partners who want to practice together.
- Group lessons are for groups of four or more who like to play together and want to learn in a smaller more focused setting.
- Contact our Pickleball Pro, Vic Phillips, at email@example.com to schedule a lesson.
Cache Spring Indoor Mixer
Double Round-Robin Pickleball Tournament
Registration: March 18-April 25
Dates & Times:
Friday, April 26th
5:30 pm: Singles
Saturday, April 27th
10:00 am: Skills Challenge
11:00 am: Women’s Doubles (2.5-3.5)
1:00 pm: Women’s Doubles (4.0-5.0)
1:00 pm: Men’s Doubles (All Divisions)
3:00 pm: Mixed Doubles (All Divisions)
Location: Smithfield Recreation Center
Fee: $15 Registration plus $10 per event
Men’s & Women’s Single & Doubles (2.5-5.0)
Mixed Doubles (2.5-5.0) plus Skills Challenge
- Sign up as an individual for Men’s, Women’s, and Mixed events. Play with everyone in your pool. Top two players from each pool advance to medal round.
- Sign up as a doubles team for the Skills Challenge event. Skill challenges include serve/return to target area, 3rd shot drop, Dink rally, bing-bang volley.
- Top three finishers get Gold, Silver, Bronze; bottom four play consolation round mixer.
- All matches are one game to 15, win by 1. Switch sides after one team reaches 8 points.
- Tie-break order determined as follows: Most wins, point differential, first to check in.
- Snacks and t-shirts will be provided.
- If player does not have a USAPA rating, please refer to IFP self-rating guide to determine rating at http://ifpickleball.org/ifp-rating-descriptions/.
Partner Skills Challenge
Serve & Return Challenge
Serves and returns within three feet of the baseline score.
Points for number of consecutive dinks with your partner in one minute.
First partner feeds the ball from kitchen line to partner at opposite baseline; partner tries to drop the ball into the kitchen.
Points for number of consecutive volleys with your partner in one minute.
Online registration is quick and easy. Follow the link below and follow the instructions on the website.
Find updated scores, schedules and standings online!
- USAPA rated 5.0 player
- Extensive coaching background in pickleball and tennis
- Charter member of PPF (Pro Pickleball Federation)
- Experienced tournament player including National and Pro level events
Looking for a Recreation Center membership?
You can see our pricing and find additional information by visiting our membership page! Or, give us a call and we’ll answer any questions you may have.